Gallery Hotel Art
Add to favorites
Situated as it is in a tiny alleyway off the Lungarno Acciaioli, the Gallery Hotel Art, despite its unbelievably central location, is strangely quiet. Colors are quiet, too — white, beige, buttermilk, brown and light gray, with the occasional touch of turquoise glass. But it's not just peaceful. It's practical and conceptual too. In architect Michele Bonan's spaces, art, culture, and public function coexist. The lobby, which doubles as a exhibition space for contemporary art, is for both check-in and contemplation. It is not, however, a lobby for lounging. The benches here are the museum variety -- for scrutinizing artworks, buddy, not for resting your tired tourist feet. Resting is achieved more efficiently in the lounge/library, with its parquet floor and taupe velvet sofas. But though it's cozy here, there are 400 books—everything from cinema histories to Victorian novels—with which to engage your mind. The only real place to let loose is at the Fusion bar, where you can help yourself to sushi with the pretty Florentine clientele.
Bedrooms are cheerful, spare, efficient, and on the small side — apparently public spaces at this hotel have prerogative over the private. The best spot in the house, however, is the penthouse suite terrace, with its fabulous view of the Palazzo Vecchio. In the end, ironically, the most beautiful thing about this designer space is what lies outside of it. And though the hotel advertises itself for people in search of the atypical Florence experience (“Michelangelo can wait,” says its brochure), the city is too enthralling to make you want to linger long within unconventional hotel walls. Fortunately, since you're a minute away from the Ponte Vecchio, the best of this medieval city is just on your doorstep.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Tennis court
Need to Know
- Gallery Hotel Art requires payment to be made through a secure link which will be emailed to you shortly after booking.
- Pets are allowed for a fee od 50 EUR per stay.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions