Add to favorites
Unlike those others, this is not a fashion concept hotel. And, to be fair, Ferragamo has been in the hotel game since 1955 — so this is clearly not an afterthought or a marketing scheme. Ferragamo, as Lungarno, is in this business with both feet (sorry), not just as some kind of co-branding experiment, but as a full-fledged business venture. Thus you will never see the Ferragamo name in your room, unless it is already attached to your footwear.
Then why spend two paragraphs outlining the association? Because this is a hotel that is determined to win you over on its own, without coasting on a reputation earned in the fashion world. And it's a bit counter-intuitive at first, but consider this: as so many full-time hoteliers place visual flash above hospitality substance, here is a fashion hotel that prizes service over design.
That said, the Continentale is not short on design. Architect/designer Michele Bonan went the (seemingly) safe route, with white predominating, but with unexpected accents of bubble-gum pink, intended to evoke the optimistic affluence of the Dolce Vita Fifties and Sixties. In fact you may catch La Dolce Vita playing on the monitor in the lobby.
The service is the story, though; the look is secondary. Many hotels as attractive as this one would make do with flashy appearances and try to get away with a sneering, indifferent staff. Not so at the Continentale. Privacy and courtesy are the order of the day — this is not a place to be seen, but a place to stay, to get away. And the staff are hired, whenever possible, from outside the hospitality industry, so that they may be trained to Lungarno's exacting standards, without any bad habits to forget.
Rooms are comfortable if not enormous (this is Florence, after all) and continue in the palette of choice, whimsical rather than minimal white. The Sky Lounge on the top floor overlooks the Arno River, the hills, and the city. There is no restaurant, just breakfast, but the neighboring Gallery Hotel Art (another Lungarno Collection hotel — there are five in Florence, all told) makes its restaurant available via room service. And the White Iris Spa is a study in Florentine elegance.
It is an impressive hotel, one as stylish as any, and puts to shame the more tentative offerings of other fashion houses. In fact, staying at the Continentale, you may soon forget the Ferragamo connection altogether — and nothing would please the owners more.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Rooftop terrace bar
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Tennis court
Need to Know
- Continentale requires payment be made through a secure link which will be emailed to you shortly after booking.
- Pets allowed, charges apply: fee 50.00 € per stay
- Continental Breakfast can be included for a supplement of 28€ per person per night.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastics
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Sells or donates surplus food
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions