Canyon Ranch Woodside
Add to favorites
Not that it’s a chore. Canyon Ranch’s advisors contact you in advance of your stay to coordinate all the details and scheduling. But as spectacular as the retreat itself is, nestled among giant redwoods in a hidden hillside forest, it’s the programming that makes Canyon Ranch what it is. Guests choose from a wealth of offerings, from spa treatments to health and fitness interventions and even a substantial spiritual wellness program, overseen by staff with advanced degrees in divinity or theology. Private sessions, group classes, guided walks, art workshops, lectures — there’s something available at every hour of the day, though the accommodations, it must be said, are perfectly suited for down-time contemplation.
The Tucson property was the first, and it was born from its founder’s desire to create a more holistic, more sustainable, and more positive alternative to the health retreats of the mid-20th century. Canyon Ranch Woodside, in a concession to the wine culture of the San Francisco Bay Area, serves wine by the bottle, and is the only Canyon Ranch retreat to do so. It’s accompanied, of course, by meals that are unimpeachably healthy, but without any sense of self-denial; it’s a testament to the chefs’ skill (and to the quality of the fresh local produce) that it never feels like “health food.”
Hard to believe all this sits just minutes from Silicon Valley, and half an hour from San Francisco International Airport. Guests, naturally, include plenty of locals and near-locals looking to reset, recharge, or otherwise restore themselves. If it were just a luxury resort, it would be impressive enough; approached with a bit more ambition and intention, it’s the sort of place where transformations are made.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Steam rooms
- Air conditioning
- Wake-up service
- Bikes available
- Wine tours nearby
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- Rates include wellness activities, lectures, fitness classes, unlimited use of spa, fitness, and pool facilities, and unlimited meals, snacks, and beverages.
- The retreat experience is offered up to 4 nights Thursday through Monday. Stays on Monday-Wednesday nights are not available.
- A Wellness Guide will assist with recommendations and book your spa and wellness services or Personal Discovery pathway. Advance booking is strongly recommended.
- Guests must be at least 14 years old to stay at Canyon Ranch. Additional age restrictions may apply to specific experiences.
- A 20% service charge will be added to spa services not included in the pathway experiences, and to à la carte food and beverages.
- Pets are not allowed, but service animals are welcome. Please contact Customer Service to make arrangements in advance.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted. Credits are valid toward incidentals only and will be forfeited if not used.
Credit cards accepted