The Ranch at Laguna Beach
Add to favorites
So it’s only natural that the hotel isn’t located right on the beach, but a short walk away from it, in one of the canyons beloved by generations of painters. The hotel is new, but the ranch itself is not. Strolling the tree-shaded pathways, you’ll see historic photos tracing the property’s days from farm to country club.
Now it’s a stylish but low-key resort with just under a hundred guest rooms, suites, and cottages. Even the most standard option, the Canyon Room, is graciously proportioned, with ample indoor and outdoor space, all designed with a coastal ranch aesthetic that feels just right for the location. Amenities include king-sized beds with Italian linens, oversized walk-in showers, 49-inch LCD TVs, and free wi-fi. If you need more space, cottages at the Ranch at Laguna Beach are two stories tall, with ground floor patios and second-level balconies.
Having your own wheels is certainly desirable in such a breathtaking natural landscape, but the resort is easy to explore on foot, too. There’s a pool, a spa, and golf, of course, as well as yoga-inspired fitness, sand volleyball, a restaurant centered around garden-fresh ingredients, and a cocktail bar specializing in hand-crafted drinks. Not to mention that one of the country’s most famous stretches of coastline is just a short walk away. The staff also arranges curated excursions into Laguna’s upscale gallery scene and secret surf spots. Forget about whatever you saw on TV: this is Laguna Beach the way you were meant to see it.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- Extra beds are available for $40 per night.
- Parking is $20 per night.
- Two universal electric vehicle chargers and two Tesla chargers are available complimentary for resort guests.
- The resort fee includes access to a 24-hour fitness center, resort programming including birds of prey, garden tours and daily live music,
- Amenities including outdoor heated saline pool, sand volleyball and bocce ball courts, Priority golf tee times, Shuttle service to and from Aliso Beach with beach chairs, umbrellas and towel service, Daily e-news including New York Times and Financial Times
- In-room and In-room coffee from Steeped.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Measures and reduces water waste