The Standard East Village
Add to favorites
It’s hard to miss the towering curves and angles of the Standard, surrounded as it is by a relatively low-rise district. And from inside the rooms it makes for unique perspectives on the East Village rooftops as well as the downtown bridges and classic uptown skyscrapers. Windows are floor-to-ceiling, and the in-room amenities are pure luxury-boutique: huge HD screens, Bluetooth-enabled sound systems, mosaic-tile bathrooms and three different bathrobes to choose from. All this and warmth too — the sunny rooms are fitted with subtly retro furnishings and dreamy beds with fluffy down pillows.
The other half of a New York boutique hotel package is the nightlife — though this, it’s been said, will be a somewhat more restrained affair than the to-the-wall excess of its cousin in the Meatpacking District. Café Standard is a fine start. A casual but stylish indoor-outdoor venue serving classic American cooking, cocktails and draft beers, it somehow feels both like a well-kept secret and like a part of the neighborhood. The real standout, however, is Narcissa, where Michelin-starred chef John Fraser serves California-style cuisine from a gleaming open kitchen. The restaurant takes its name from the first dairy cow at hotelier Andre Balazs’s Hudson Valley farm, where many of the ingredients are sourced.
Of course there’s plenty to see beyond the hotel’s walls as well, and the location places you within striking distance of most of the best of lower Manhattan — check out one of the Standard’s loaner bikes and see for yourself.
Also known as: The Standard Hotel East Village
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- The Standard, East Village is a smoke-free hotel. There is a 300 USD fee for smoking in guestrooms.
- The Standard is pet friendly (no charges apply).
- The hotel offers complimentary bike rental (with deposit).
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Measures and reduces water waste