Dorset Square Hotel, Firmdale Hotels
Add to favorites
Kit Kemp’s design sense is the Firmdale hotels’ most remarked-upon aspect, and it’s true that Dorset Square, visually speaking, is as stunning as you’d expect. But the partnership’s skills extend beyond the aesthetic dimension. You can count on the locations to be vibrant yet slightly unexpected, and this one, steps from Baker Street tube station in Marylebone, is no exception. Nor has the Kemps’ gift for creating convivial spaces deserted them — for as private as the rooms may be, looking out over the Dorset Square gardens, the Potting Shed, the hotel’s bar and restaurant, is generally buzzing with a lively mix of hotel guests and in-the-know Londoners.
It’s a familiar picture, and the experience, it must be said, shares quite a lot with its siblings, from Covent Garden to Crosby Street. This is not a criticism; hospitality is largely about comfort, and to know in advance that the décor will be bold yet soothing, the physical luxuries first-rate, and the social spaces at once clubby and inviting, is the sort of comfort that’s a pleasure to repeat.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Honesty Bar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Shopping area nearby
Need to Know
- Extra bed's available on request, £60 per person, per night.
- Cribs are subject to availability.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Complimentary breakfast is provided based on room occupancy up to two guests. Single occupancy reservations include breakfast for one adult.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions