Add to favorites
Once a women’s boarding house, it’s now liberalized slightly, but not entirely. Men can and do stay in the lower-floor rooms, but the upper levels, including the spa and the rooftop terrace, are reserved for women only. All of the 18 rooms, though, are stylish, with parquet floors, modern furnishings, and plush extras like heavy robes, slippers, and top-quality bath products, a cut above even the better unisex hotels.
It’s the top-floor spa that’s the hotel’s centerpiece, with its timbered ceilings and canopied sun deck. Massage is offered, of course, as well as sauna, light therapy, Finnish sauna, and a solarium — all with a view of the city, the lake, and the mountains beyond.
There’s no restaurant, but there is a vegetarian breakfast buffet, and meals are catered by the Italian restaurant across the way. Drinks hot and cold are served by a fireplace in the lobby lounge. The surrounding area, right in downtown Zurich, offers plenty of options, with the Alma serving as something of a refuge from the city — for ladies in particular, naturally.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Doctor on call
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is needed) and costs CHF 25 per day.
- Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children from 6 years old to 16 years old stay for CHF 15 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted