Add to favorites
While all of the rooms share a certain family resemblance, they’re also influenced by the eras of the buildings that contain them, from the antique style of the oldest ones to the modernist designs in the Sixties and Seventies additions. You won’t mistake it for a luxury hotel, but the comforts are substantial and coziness, as you’d expect in rural Norway, is a priority.
As lovely as the hotel may be, the outdoor environment is the obvious focus here — excursions include kayaking, hiking, waterfalls, glaciers, and the waterways of the fjord itself. The hotel’s restaurant serves an elegant and surprisingly formal four-course set-menu dinner, and breakfast features house-made jam made from fruit grown on site.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Adjoining rooms
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wood burning fireplace
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- Advance dinner reservations are recommended during the high season, from June through August.
- Children are not allowed.
- An extra bed can be reserved for NOK 850 per person, per night, based on availability.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces water waste