The London EDITION
Add to favorites
It happens to be just down the road from the Sanderson, one of the original crop of Schrager hotels. The London EDITION is no knockoff, though — a cursory look makes it abundantly clear that this is a more sedate, more elegant, more grown-up affair. The public spaces are a subtly postmodern mix of disparate eras, drawing inspiration from the 1835 houses, the original 1908 hotel, and bits and bobs from the history of modernism, from mid-century to the present. Meanwhile the rooms take a more contemporary tack, all simplicity in rich wood textures and modern-classic furnishings. Earth tones dominate, historical details abound, but you’re never unaware that this is a 21st-century interpretation rather than a period piece.
The rooms, of course, are only half the package; perhaps less, when it’s Ian Schrager we’re talking about. The London EDITION features no fewer than three bars, the wide-open and welcoming Lobby Bar, with its extremely serious cocktail menu, the intimate, reservations-only Punch Room, and the food-focused Berners Tavern. This last qualifies as a restaurant as well, and it’s got no less a light than Jason Atherton as its head honcho. All three are classic nightspots in the boutique-hotel mode — modish and attractive, both in design and in clientele, and with something of a talent for getting talked about. London essentials, all of them.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and costs GBP 45 per day.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 4 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- Green Key by FEE (Foundation for Environmental Eductation), Eco-label