Mandarin Oriental, Lago di Como
Add to favorites
This collection of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century buildings, set right on the shore of the lake, was previously known as CastaDiva, a play on its connections to operatic history. Today, under the Mandarin banner, it’s no less atmospheric, nor has it sacrificed anything in the way of character. What’s new is sheer professionalism of the comforts and the hospitality.
The rooms start out at an exceedingly high level of luxury, and somehow only go up from there. Suites add kitchenettes and in many cases direct views of the lake, the penthouse and presidential suite ascend into pure extravagance, and the stand-alone private villas almost defy description.
An extensive spa and fitness center is present as a matter of course, and the hotel’s pool, floating in the waters of Lake Como, is a particular delight. A fine-dining restaurant, a bar/bistro, and a poolside bar round out the offerings — it’s hard to beat top-flight Italian food and wine with a view of the lake.
Please note: Mandarin Oriental, Lago di Como is open seasonally, March through January.
How to get there:
Mandarin Oriental, Lago di Como is 5 km from Como, 45 km from Milan and 37 km from Lugano (Switzerland). The nearest aiports are Milan Malpensa, Milan Linate, Milan Orio al Serio and Lugano.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Beauty salon
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Game room
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 2 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Credit cards accepted