The Opposite House Beijing
Add to favorites
It’s really only meant metaphorically. This is no traditional courtyard home, but rather a very modern purpose-built hotel development, a roughly cubic structure clad in green glass by the Japanese architect Kengo Kuma. Inside is a massive central atrium, loosely divided into distinct semi-public spaces, unapologetically modern in style and geometric in form.
It’s kept warm by rich colors and liberal use of natural materials, right down to the guest suites, where even the odd rectangular bathtubs are carved from deeply grained wood. The smallest is not all that small, and the biggest is big indeed — and all come equipped with the very latest in high-end design furniture and fittings, along with the occasional weathered wood antique, for personality’s sake. Meanwhile three restaurants and a lounge-like cocktail bar exude just as much character. Jing Yaa Tang in particular is a standout, serving traditional Peking duck dishes in a sleek, low-lit dining room.
Big things are happening all over Beijing at the moment, and in hotel terms, this may be one of the biggest — contemporary-design hotels are relatively new here, and The Opposite House is an ambitious and confident start.
Travel advisory: Passport and visa requirements differ from country to country. Please check with your local authority before booking.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Valet parking
- 24 hour room service
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Business center
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed. No extra charges.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Adults stay for CNY 560 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted