Hotel van de Vijsel
Add to favorites
That said, it’s rather more a re-imagining than a renovation, and the result is a totally contemporary boutique hotel, albeit one that derives much of its visual texture from the richly figured wood with which it’s constructed. The Small Double rooms are small indeed, but efficiently planned — this is Amsterdam, after all, and compact spaces are nothing new. Comfort Rooms, true to their name, spread out a bit, and the Suite spans two levels, with the king bed upstairs, under the peak of the roof.
In case there’s any doubt left about the inspiration for this hotel, its restaurant, Cafe Woodz, will put it to rest. And there’s much to be said for its location as well. From here, you’re more or less right between two of Amsterdam’s most desirable places — to the east, the canal district, and to the southwest, the verdant Vondelpark.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
Need to Know
- When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for € 15 per person per night when using an available cot.
- People no matter the age stay for € 60 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- Green Key by FEE (Foundation for Environmental Eductation), Eco-label