Add to favorites
The 17 guestrooms retain their original ceiling beams and antique tiles in an environment of age-softened austerity. Everything reads practical minimalism, from the beds’ clean country luxury to the worn window shutters to the spacious, en-suite bathrooms. You come here for the isolation, it’s clear, which justifies the lack of TV and other anachronisms; the rolling hills more than suffice in their stead, subtly perfumed with wild herbs and serenaded by birdsong. It takes a certain age to appreciate what a rarity that is — in other words, don’t expect a kids’ activity room.
Il Granaio restaurant and Susafa’s wine bar occupy the former granary and winery, respectively, each the absolute picture of old-world Sicilian hospitality: cozy lounge chairs, terra-cotta flooring, exposed masonry, and a sizable fireplace make excellent conversational fodder. We may be biased, but any place that produces its own olive oil sounds like a safe bet; they’ll even walk you through their recipes with a cooking class or two.
Views are undoubtedly the name of the game around here, thanks to the elevation, and a sensual backdrop to the modest environs. In the warmer months, take them in from the panoramic outdoor pool, framed with stately trees and flowery shrubs, or even better, from the rooftop terrace. With patience, early risers will be treated to the sun evaporating fog from its overnight berth in the valleys as it rises — and later, perfect, blessed silence descending with it as it sets.
Please note: Susafa is a seasonal hotel and is open from April through early November.
How to get there: Susafa is located approximately 125 km by car from Palermo Airport.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle service
- Adults only
Need to Know
- Susafa only accepts guests aged 12 and over. All guests must be booked as adults.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife