Solar Do Castelo
Add to favorites
The hotel itself occupies an 18th-century mansion, itself built on the site of the old castle's kitchens — so medieval elements and contemporary hotel interiors are incorporated into the circa 1765 historic building. There's nothing flashy about it, nor anything musty and old-fashioned, just a smart and charming 14-room hotel surrounding an inner courtyard and gardens.
There is no restaurant, which should help you overcome inertia and get out onto the narrow streets of the castle district. This is the way hotels used to be, before the mega-chains and the avant-garde boutiques came on the scene — just a quiet, comfortable, and romantic hideaway in the middle of a picturesque and historic city.
Note: Solar Do Castelo is located within the walls of a historic district. Parking is not available. If driving, the hotel recommends parking in one of the nearby public parks, Praça do Município or Praça da Figueira, and taking a taxi to the hotel.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Golf nearby
Need to Know
- Rooms cannot accommodate cribs or extra beds.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Offers vegan menu options
- Sells or donates surplus food
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces water waste