Castello di Reschio
Add to favorites
Given the results you’d have to agree it was worth the wait — the rooms and suites are impeccably well designed, and widely varied, each one featuring thousand-year-old architectural details, contemporary Italian design furniture, and artworks and objects that provide echoes of the centuries in between. Some of the grander suites occupy a neighboring building, once the church’s vestry, but the most extravagant one spans five floors of the castle’s ancient tower, with a spectacular view of the Umbrian landscape.
Just outside the castle walls sits a dramatic oval-shaped swimming pool that seems to be cut directly into the lawn; the castle’s wine cellars are now the Bathhouse, complete with a Roman bath, hammam, Swedish-style sauna, and a treatment room. And the castle’s social venues are numerous — there’s the Palm Court with its grand piano, there’s the Library and another bar in the Old Kitchen, there’s the Ristorante alle Scuderie with its stylish Bar Centrale, there’s Il Torrino, the pool bar set in the old watchtower, and last but not least is the Ristorante al Castello, with its far-ranging views, its custom-designed furniture and décor, and its menu of Umbrian classics made from ingredients sourced from the estate’s own gardens and vineyards.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Beauty salon
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Wine tours nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- Rates listed are for 1 or 2 persons maximum. There is a charge of EUR 150.00 per person per night for additional guests.
- For reservations costing EUR 10,000 or more, the hotel requires 35% deposit at the time of booking.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted. Credits are valid toward incidentals only and will be forfeited if not used.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife