Life House, South of Fifth
Add to favorites
How they do it is apparently a matter of some clever behind-the-scenes economizing, but what matters to guests is that no corners are visibly cut. Life House, South of Fifth occupies not some gleaming modernist tower, nor an Art Deco edifice, but a Thirties Tudor-style cottage in the affluent South of Fifth neighborhood. The vibe is more artist’s retreat than design hotel, and with a mere 26 rooms it’s got an intimacy that feels almost residential.
Rooms are stylish and more than comfortable, from the queen rooms on up to the top-end Painter’s Loft, and there’s the option of a Quad, with four semi-private bunks, if you’re traveling with (or looking for) a large party. The lobby café shades effortlessly from morning coffee to co-working space to cocktail bar, and the soon-to-open Backyard Kitchen takes advantage of the hotel’s small size, serving meals in a quiet garden setting. It’s a gamble from Life House’s perspective, taking on the established players in the hotel game, but from a guest’s point of view it’s as close as you get to a sure thing.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- Rooms cannot accommodate cribs or extra beds.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices