Add to favorites
The next biggest departure, after the distinctly urban (and quite marvelously central) location, is the fact that they’ve made use of a meticulously preserved Renaissance palace as a setting, rather than build something modern. Of course in Venice it couldn’t be any other way, but it’s a pleasure to see that they know when to leave well enough alone — aside from some subtly stylish contemporary interior design interventions, and a generous shipment of modern furniture from the likes of B&B Italia, it’s looking much as its old merchant founders would have left it.
If you know Aman then you can probably guess that the accommodations are first-rate, mixing period details with every conceivable modern comfort. The best ones have views of the Grand Canal itself, culminating in the Canal Grande Suite, offering a perfectly framed front-row view from directly above the palazzo’s front door.
This being Venice rather than Vietnam, of course, the hotel’s activities do diverge somewhat from the Aman template. The Italian cuisine centers around lagoon-sourced seafood and regional farm-to-table specialties, while the spa is hidden away in an adjoining building rather than sprawled out on some cliffside somewhere. And where a rural Aman might offer diving or horseback excursions, Aman Venice makes the most of its city setting — here the excursions are led by chefs, art historians or literary types, the better to show you whichever aspect of the City of Water you’d most like to see.
How to get there: The resort is located about 3 miles from the Santa Lucia train station, and 11 miles from Venice’s Marco Polo International Airport (VCE). Whatever the means of arrival, guests will be met by Aman staff and transferred to the resort via Venice’s canals.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Game room
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Wine tours nearby
- Shopping area nearby
Need to Know
- In High season (February to November) a € 5.00 city tax is charged per person per day and child between 10-16 years € 2.50 per child per day.
- In Low season (January and December) a € 3.50 city tax is charged per person per day, child between 10-16 years € 1.75 per child per day for up to 5 days and children below 10 years of age are exempt from the City Tax.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife