Park Hyatt Milano
Add to favorites
Just next door to the Galleria is an eighteenth-century palazzo, formerly a bank, now home to the Park Hyatt Milan. Designed by American-born and Parisian-based architect Edward Tuttle, creator of the Aman resorts and the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme, this hotel is quintessentially Milanese — daring modern design meeting old-school Baroque elegance head-on.
Only the shell of the original building remains, and the interiors are far from the typical opulent Italian style — though they are not exactly minimal either. The bathrooms, in fact, are maximal, each almost half as large as a standard bedroom, featuring mirrored walls and octagonal stone and glass showers. The décor in general relies upon classic materials such as travertine and alabaster, but the style is crisp, modern, without ornament. Broadband internet and satellite TV entertainment centers provide the technological conveniences, while fine linens, rich wool carpets, and hand-blown Murano light fixtures provide the creature comforts.
The lobby and the adjoining La Cupola lounge are the centerpiece of the hotel, beneath a modern glass dome recalling that of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele next door.
There is, of course, more to this (or any) Park Hyatt than just design. Guests are not likely to be disappointed at the multi-lingual efficiency of the Park Hyatt’s staff. Overall, in fact, this is a fine hotel — remarkable architecture, an unparalleled location, and top-flight service — perfectly fitting for stylish yet businesslike Milan.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Pet Friendly
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 70 per day.
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People no matter the age stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Credit cards accepted