Add to favorites
The Relais Plaza restaurant is still authentically Art Deco, and the Galerie des Gobelins counts silk curtains and ornate chandeliers among its antique touches. In stark (Starck?) contrast are the new haute-cuisine restaurant Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, and the newly renovated Bar, both designed by Patrick Jouin, former Philippe Starck protégé (yes, it's a long way to go for a pun on a famous designer's name, but it should convey some sense of just how cutting-edge the interiors are). The Bar is an avant-garde nightspot, with its glowing iceberg bar top and oversized, inhabitable paintings, and is once again the place to be seen in Paris for international celebrities. The restaurant, transplanted from its traditional home at 59 Poincaré, is a design experience as well, combining strikingly modern elements with Louis XIV- and XV-inspired details, yet never resorting to the sort of wacky post-modernism that would detract from the cuisine.
Because although it is a beautiful restaurant, the cuisine is the star attraction. Alain Ducasse is known for a phenomenal menu, an outstanding wine list, and unparalleled hospitality — the wait staff are the very image of three-star propriety, yet discreet enough to overlook the occasional lapse in guest etiquette. Suffice to say that this is an extraordinary restaurant, and it is fitting that it has made its new home inside this extraordinary hotel.
Extraordinary enough, we believe, to merit the claim that this is quite possibly the finest luxury hotel in Paris. Too many landmark hotels coast on reputations earned by past glory. The Plaza Athénée is not one of these. Had it opened yesterday, its extravagantly high standard of service and masterfully designed interiors (not to mention one of the leading restaurants of Paris) would still earn it a place at the top of any list of outstanding luxury hotels.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Wi-fi (charges apply)
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Pet Friendly
- Business center
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 45 per day.
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children from 3 years old to 17 years old stay for € 100 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- People 3 years old and over stay for € 100 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted