The Portobello Hotel
Add to favorites
Not in the single rooms, perhaps — these are just what they sound like, a fine and affordable option for a singleton in West London. But everything from Good through Better to Great and (needless to say) Exceptional is the stuff romance is made of: not just attractive and more than comfortable enough, but with plenty of personality as well.
When it comes to services and facilities it becomes clear that the Portobello is more a fashionable bolthole than a full-service tourist experience. Breakfast service followed by small bites and wine and beer throughout the day is about the size of it — for anything else you’ll have to get out and get to know London. It’ll be all right.
Please note: The Portobello Hotel is a small property with only 21 rooms. Book early as rooms sell out quick.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Honesty Bar
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Baby cots and extra beds are available on request and may incur a supplemental charge.
- Every year The Notting Hill Carnival takes place during the last weekend of August and the following Monday resulting in road and Tube station closures around the hotel. Exceptions will not be made for non-cancelable rates over this period. Please contact Customer Service for more details on hotel access during Carnival.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage