The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
Add to favorites
The new incarnation of the Capitol — a total ground-up rebuild — was designed by the master architect Kengo Kuma, and as such it offers the clean lines and minimalist aesthetic that typifies a certain Japanese style. You simply won’t feel right cluttering the bathroom with half-opened toiletries or tossing your clothes about the snowy white, duvet-covered bed. Instead, you’ll want to open the shoji paper screens to let in the light from the vast windows of this high-rise property or lay on the divan and watch as central Tokyo transforms itself, nightly, into a galaxy, with neon and fluorescent stars — or, if you’re facing the Palace, you can see something that’s, in this town, even more spectacular: total darkness.
This is one of Tokyo’s original grand hotels, and it demonstrates the thoughtfulness you’d expect from such success. Just-picked berries or other very local produce may show up in the dishes at the well-regarded Suiren. A second restaurant specializes in Chinese delicacies, and there are two separate lounges in which to relax and unwind with a cocktail. The two-floor fitness center encompasses a full-service spa and a twenty-meter indoor pool.
All of urban Tokyo is within easy reach via taxi or subway, but if you’ve got time, it pays to explore on foot — the reconstructed Hie Shrine is practically next door, and runners will be thankful for easy access to the foot path that circumnavigates the Palace: a lap or two is a rite of passage.
Please note: This hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms.
How to get there: From Narita Airport, the Narita Express train connects to Tokyo Station after a trip of approximately 90 minutes.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Wine Cellar
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Beauty salon
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Be advised that children under the age of 18 are not allowed at the swimming pool and fitness area. Lockers are available in the fitness area for JPY 2,200 / per person (fee will be waived for Club Room guests).
- Children under 13 years old are not allowed in the Club Lounge between 17:00 and 21:00 during cocktail hour.
- Children under 9 yrs old can stay for free using existing bedding. There is an additional charge for extra guests over 10 yrs old of JPY10,000 / night for Premier Corner Twin and Premier King, JPY 15,000/night for Executive Suite and the Garden Suite (Excluding service charge and taxes).
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices