Add to favorites
A recent renovation has tightened up some of the fraying edges of this place, but done nothing to change its essential character — that peculiarly Washingtonian blend of neoclassical austerity lightened by slightly frilly French and English influences. Guest rooms are loaded with reproduction furniture and rich fabrics, including custom-made wool carpets and ornate window treatments. The best rooms look out onto Pennsylvania Avenue with views of the Capitol.
Politics is at bottom a business like any other, and the Willard’s business facilities are world-class, with plenty of meeting space, a capable business desk, wireless internet in the public spaces and ethernet connections in the guest rooms. The location is absolutely central, two blocks from the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue and it’s a short walk to the monuments and museums of the National Mall.
More informal business is transacted in the Willard Room restaurant and the Round Robin bar — the former serving New American and New French cuisine in a stunningly opulent dining room, and the latter the kind of classic clubby bar where deals are made over cocktails and cigars. Legend holds that the mint julep, hitherto a simple country cocktail, was introduced to Washington high society from behind this very bar.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Wi-fi (charges apply)
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Beauty salon
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Babysitting (on request)
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- When booking more than 6 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and costs USD 10.95 per 24 hours.
- Public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs USD 59 per day.
- Children up to and including 17 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People no matter the age stay for US$30 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- No cots are available.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted