Here, a simplified recipe for making a preservative-free almond nut butter.
Recipe for Almond Nut Butter
2 cups Whole raw almonds (tip: try not to get salted or pre-flavoured nuts)
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2 tbsp Extra fine sea salt
2 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
The best of the MICHELIN Experience in your inbox
Stay on the top of the best restaurants, offers, lifestyle, and events recommended in our guide cities.Subscribe
1. Soak the almonds in water for 8 to 10 hours overnight. Keep the bowl covered with a cloth and leave it in the refrigerator.
2. Lightly roast the almonds at 163°C for 10 minutes to bring out the natural oils within the nuts.
3. Let the nuts cool down.
4. Put the nuts in a blender or food processor and blend for 5 to 10 minutes. Add some oil if the mixture begins to look too dry. Tip: Do not add water to the mix.
5. Continue processing the nuts and oil until the mixture becomes creamy. Keep adding a bit more oil if necessary. This process can take up to 20 minutes. Patience is key.
6. Add a pinch of extra fine sea salt and a drizzle of honey to sweeten the nut butter to desired taste.
7. Serve on toast with slices of avocado or as a salad dressing.