The Lugger Hotel
Add to favorites
That’s not to say it isn’t charming and comfortable — it certainly is. It’s just to say that the Lugger does just what a good down-to-earth seaside escape should do, and does it exceedingly well. The interiors are warm and inviting, contemporary but not modernist, luxurious but not precious, and the service is attentively old-fashioned.
Bedrooms are neither frilly nor stark, but stylish, simple and plush, with overstuffed beds and plentiful pillows, and a soothing palette of muted creams and greys. Bathrooms are just right, no marble or gold plating, just deep oversized tubs and separate (and torrential) showers. All the rooms are different: some larger than others, and some with better views.
The Lugger experience wouldn’t be complete without a meal in the hotel restaurant overlooking the harbor. Dinner is an elegant three-course affair accompanied by a wide selection of wines, with an emphasis on seafood, especially Portloe lobster and locally harvested crab.
Please note: The Lugger Hotel is unable to accommodate children under 12 years old.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Room service
- 24 hour front desk
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for £25 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted