Home House London - Private Member’s Club
Add to favorites
Home House lies on Portman Square, just off of Oxford Street, around the corner from Selfridge’s and mere streets from Hyde Park. It’s essentially hiding in plain sight, a discreet trio of Georgian townhouses, and you’ll immediately notice the old-world approach to service — private club staff are exceedingly capable and accommodating without being chirpy or solicitous.
The style remains true, for the most part, to the club’s Georgian-era roots, with some dramatically contemporary exceptions: the reception and bar feature furnishings by Zaha Hadid which look like something beamed in from some advanced interstellar civilization. The rooms, meanwhile, are as classic as they come, every one different in layout and décor, with modern comforts to complement their 18th-century style.
Perhaps more important than the accommodations are the club’s (semi-)public spaces, which include a pair of restaurants as well as no fewer than three bars and a handful of lounges and drawing rooms as well. It’s here that you’ll mingle — discreetly, of course — with not only hotel guests but club members as well. That, more than the location, the amenities, or the style of the rooms, is the key to the appeal of a place like Home House.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Tennis court
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- A discretionary 5% service charge will be applied to the room rate on your final accommodation bill.
- Home House London is dog friendly and welcomes well-behaved dogs free of charge. Guests must ensure no disturbance to neighbors. Portman Square Garden is not to be used for dog needs.
- Please note all rates are based on double occupancy. For rooms that can accommodate more than 2 guests, an additional supplement of £60 per guest, per night for guests ages 3 and up will be applied to your final room bill. Extra bed must be requested prior to arrival. All our rooms have a King or Queen size bed.
- Club policy is to be over the age of 18. However, in-house guests are more than welcome to bring children whilst they are staying in the Hotel;
- Children under 18 are not permitted in the bars during their stay, however they are welcome in the Restaurant and Drawing Rooms until 6pm every day.
- Lost keys or keys not returned at check-out will be charged £60.
- Eligible Plus reservations: A breakfast credit of £15 per person per day inclusive of service charge will be applied at check-out for up to two guests. Guests are responsible for additional charges. Access to spa and gym is limited to the duration of your stay.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
- Eligible Tablet Plus reservations: Spa credit applied at check-out and valid towards treatments only unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions