Gregans Castle Hotel
Add to favorites
But they’re there, if you look, and it’s easy to see why — this place is a classic, surrounded by gardens and paths, overlooking Galway Bay and the unique rocky landscape of the Burren. The house itself comprises some 21 bedrooms, as well as seemingly endless drawing rooms, lounges, libraries. The guest rooms are all different, ranging widely in size, from petite bedrooms to sprawling suites, and more subtly in style, from the absolutely traditional oldest rooms to the faintly contemporary newer suites.
Hotel amenities stick to the essentials; this is a classic country house hotel, not an all-inclusive resort. The dining room serves modern Irish & European food, made from local and regional ingredients, including organic Burren beef and lamb, and local Atlantic seafood. There’s plenty to see in the surrounding rugged and rocky countryside, and even options for golfers, but in the evenings, guests may find themselves forced to socialize in the Corkscrew Bar or the drawing room — the sort of old-fashioned country life we’ve all at least seen at the movies, if not in our daily lives.
How to get there:
Gregans Castle Hotel is approximately a 1 hour drive from Shannon International Airport, 45 minutes from Galway City and 2 1/2 hours from Dublin.
Gregans Castle Hotel is a seasonal property that is open from mid-February through December 1.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Room service
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- Guests aged 18 and up should be booked as adults.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Farms organic or hydroponic produce on property
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions