Château de Bagnols
Add to favorites
Some castle hotels come off a bit Disney-fied, thanks to overzealous reconstruction, but the Hamlyns managed to stay true to the medieval feel of the building, which still retains its moat and fortified towers. The courtyard and the wall paintings are still intact, preserved from the days of the Renaissance, and the interiors still show signs of eighteenth-century renovations. Rooms are outfitted in lush silks, with antique furnishings and authentic 17th-century paintings. Dinner can be taken in the Salle des Gardes, from a menu of regional specialties and traditional game, or in the summer, outside on the terrace in the shade of hundred-year-old lime trees. The wine list, needless to say, is extensive, featuring the ten celebrated Beaujolais crus, as well as the great wines of neighboring Burgundy.
Tennis and golf can be arranged for guests of an active bent, but on the whole, this is a gourmet's holiday, and most guests will find a walk among the vines to be adequate exercise. There are any number of vineyards to tour, and the region is rich with little market towns and Romanesque villages, and a dizzying array of excellent restaurants.
Please note: The hotel is seasonally closed from early January until the end of April.
How to get there:
Chateau de Bagnols is approximately a one-hour drive from Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS).
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- 24 hour front desk
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Business center
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 17 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People 4 years old and over stay for € 50 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted