Add to favorites
But so is the bill. Even the basic boutique hotels in this ever more expensive city command multiple hundreds of pounds per night, and in order to get the Pilgrm’s price to a reasonable level, its proprietors, veterans of the London hotel business, have had to make certain sacrifices. But the result feels smart, well-edited, economical, rather than miserly — intentionally minimalist rather than deprived.
It helps that the place is so damned attractive. There’s plenty to delight the eye, from 200-year-old mahogany parquet floors to crisp tilework and smart modern fixtures. And while the comforts are low-tech, from cast-iron radiators to proper, functional windows — no air conditioning here — they’re no less welcome, and reinforce the human touch.
A ground-floor café serves guests and locals alike, and the lounge upstairs adds an all-day menu of well-chosen bites and a creative cocktail menu. And while Paddington Station may be just around the corner, Norfolk Square showcases the bohemian side of the neighborhood. London — and a few other cities, if we’re honest — could do with more like this.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Multi-lingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
Need to Know
- Dogs are welcome at The Pilgrm. Please contact the property to arrange this prior to arrival. The daily pet fee is GBP 30.
- Guests aged 11 and up should be booked as adults.
- Extra beds are not available.
- The Pilgrm does not have air conditioning.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices