Number Sixteen, Firmdale Hotels
Add to favorites
Interiors avoid an excess of clichéd Englishness, mixing the usual antiques with modern artworks and muted contemporary colors. The result is chic without being precious, and the overriding birds-and-butterflies theme is unique, though perhaps an odd choice. Rooms vary from typical London size (rather small) to surprisingly large, and all are luxuriously outfitted with big comfortable beds and top-quality linens. Some rooms come with balconies, and the views vary as well, looking over either Sumner Place or the meticulously kept gardens and conservatory around back. The conservatory is also the site of a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to guests and non-residents alike, and the social life spills over into the hotel’s library and drawing room, where travelers huddle round the fireplace or the honor bar, according to taste.
Though Number Sixteen isn’t exactly nightlife central, there’s plenty to like about the geographic situation — the nearest underground station will connect you directly with Heathrow, the West End and the theater and financial districts. Within walking distance are Hyde Park, Harrods and the Knightsbridge shops, and the Natural History and Victoria & Albert museums are steps away. Swinging? Not quite, but for those who cringe at the very mention of that most tiresome word, this place is nearly perfect.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Children under 3 years of age may stay in a baby cot free of charge.
- For persons ages 3 and up there is a GBP 60 per night charge for an extra bed if needed, available upon request.
- Group bookings of 5 or more rooms at Number Sixteen adhere to a stricter cancellation and payment policy.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Complimentary breakfast is provided based on room occupancy up to two guests. Single occupancy reservations include breakfast for one adult.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Measures and reduces water waste
- Measures and reduces carbon emissions