The Peninsula Chicago
Add to favorites
Any doubts are immediately laid to rest by the uniformed bellboys, spiriting guests’ bags to the lobby before the cab driver can lay a hand on them. Other staffers seem possessed of a psychic ability to remember every guest’s name at once, a delightful contrast to the typically American nod-and-smile.
The lobby is spacious and grand, located five floors up, above a retail concourse—another detail that’s more Far East than Midwest. Rooms are elegant as well, with flat-screen televisions, broadband internet, and messages thoughtfully delivered via a near-silent fax machine hidden in a desk drawer. Control panels by the bedside and in the bathroom allow complete control of the climate, the lighting, even the curtains.
Shanghai Terrace is one of Chicago’s top Chinese restaurants, and, true to its name, offers outdoor seating with a view of the Miracle Mile. The lobby lounge is an impressive space, lit by twenty-foot-high windows, and the bar, in contrast, is intimate and low-lit, with a roaring fireplace and a surprisingly hip crowd. Spa and fitness facilities are first-class, as is the location—neighbors include the Ritz-Carlton, the Water Tower, and the Drake.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour room service
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Steam rooms
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Babysitting (on request)
- Smoking rooms (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Shopping area nearby
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs USD 76 per day.
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- People 12 years old and over stay for US$35 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- EarthCheck Certified, Gold