Arthotel Blaue Gans
Add to favorites
The result is charming, rich in contrasts: medieval archways and wooden beams remain, alongside the more modern decorating scheme of whitewashed walls and modernist furnishings atop hardwood floors. Framed artworks hang on the walls throughout the hotel, courtesy of the hotel’s three sponsored contemporary artists.
It’s a fetching enough concept on its own, but the motivation may have been more clever than that: the timing of the Arthotel overhaul seems to have roughly coincided with the opening of Salzburg’s Museum of Modern Art. Presumably the new influx of visiting artists and dealers needed somewhere suitably modern to hang their hats.
This is still the center of old Salzburg, though, just a few blocks from Mozart’s birthplace. And the Blaue Gans is still a fixture on the old town scene, with a relaxed lounge bar and a Mediterranean-style garden restaurant still local favorites. Book the Cavern, the cellar dining room, for a more intimate experience.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Offsite gym facilities
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 18 per day.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 5 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 5 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children from 6 years old to 12 years old stay for € 35 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- Children from 13 years old to 17 years old stay for € 75 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- You haven't added any extra beds.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted