Add to favorites
The Malmaison Oxford isn’t just any old prison, of course, but a really rather picturesque Victorian-era prison, and a part of the new Oxford Castle redevelopment. As a boutique hotel, it’s no fly-by-night either, but a part of the terrifically successful Malmaison chain, the group responsible for a high-design bachelor-pad sort of boutique in just about every market in the UK. And to be completely fair, when all is said and done, there’s very little of the shoebox about these rooms — compare with the carefully preserved “display cell” and see if you don’t vastly prefer your vast, overstuffed bed, your entertainment center, your very nearly decadent bathroom stocked with Malmaison-branded bath products.
It’s not just a success by Malmaison standards — complete with signature brasserie and hip lobby bar — but a breath of fresh air for Oxford as well, a city that’s long been hard up for good hotels. You could always do country-mansion at Quat’Saisons, or old-bank at the Old Bank, but for hard time behind bars (or just in front of one, really) it’s the Malmaison.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
Need to Know
- When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Private parking is possible on site (reservation is needed) and costs GBP 34 per day.
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for £30 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted