Add to favorites
Of course they’ve broken with tradition in the places where it counts. Behind the lush, tranquil courtyards, beneath the pitched wooden roofs and the works of calligraphy, you’ll find vast modern bathrooms, cloud-like king-sized beds, high-end sound systems and plenty of uncluttered space. Throughout, there’s an emphasis on the tactile sense, as in comfortably firm day-beds piled with cushions and radiant underfloor heating to warm the toes.
At the top of the scale, the villas and suites add private spa treatment rooms, though if you’re forced to travel to the hotel’s main spa, surrounded by rustling bamboo and magnolias, you’ll hardly suffer. It’s a world of quiet tree-shaded nooks, fragrant air and meandering stone pathways, with a menu that ranges from traditional Chinese massage to yoga and tai chi.
Outside the sprawling grounds of the resort itself, Hangzhou’s famous West Lake is a short drive away (another benefit, in addition to the tranquil atmosphere, of Amanfayun’s out-of-town location). Closer still are seven of the historic sites on Hangzhou’s Temple Trail. From Amanfayun, you can walk to one of China’s most important and beautifully ornamented Buddhist temples, the sixteen-hundred-year-old Lingyin Si. And walking is indeed the way to to go — because even if you can afford it, a chauffeured car isn’t always the best look.
How to get there: Amanfayun is about an hour's drive from Hangzhou Airport (HGH), which receives regular flights from most major Chinese cities as well as daily flights from Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Seoul, and Singapore. From Shanghai, it’s about a 3-hour drive to Amanfayun, or an hour's ride via high-speed rail.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- Spa treatments (on request)
- 24 hour front desk
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
Need to Know
- Breakfast is chargeable at CNY 150 daily for child between 6 to 11 years old.
- Maximum occupancy is 3 persons in one room with an additional charge of CNY 748 (include one breakfast) per person per night.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Credits and discounts will be applied at check-out in local currency unless otherwise noted.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Provides volunteer opportunities for guests and staff
- Restores and protects natural ecosystems and wildlife