Add to favorites
Are we making it sound too easy? You can’t fake style like this — beginning with the listed buildings, which mean unique floor plans, and no elevators, just a grand spiral staircase. Inside the rooms all the clichés of Scottish kitsch are studiously avoided — the décor is clean and contemporary, with subtle nods rather than full-blown bows to the past. Elegant, never precious. Small luxuries like Nespresso machines are universal; large ones like Jacuzzis are present at the top end.
And the public spaces hold up their end of the bargain. The restaurant is a fine exponent of contemporary Scottish cooking, which means first-rate ingredients and modern techniques — and some ancient techniques too, especially behind the bar, where you’ll find more than 25 varieties of Scotch whisky, including the hotel’s own bottle.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Kindly note that there are no lifts/elevators in Nira Caledonia due to the historic nature of the hotel.
- Baby cots and extra beds are available on request.
- Extra beds have a supplement of 60 GBP per person/night.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Sells or donates surplus food
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage