Add to favorites
With 44 rooms, it’s twice the size of the Julien, though it’s still far from large. And the atmosphere couldn’t be busy if it tried — there’s still something of the hush of the cloister about the place. No two rooms are quite alike, though they all blend historical architectural details and contemporary fixtures and furniture to delightfully novel effect. And while there’s nothing ostentatious about it, it’s fair to say that August is luxurious, if subtly so.
Convents are fertile material for hotels not just because of the living quarters, but because of the substantial common spaces as well. August features no fewer than three lovely walled gardens, as well as a spa, a library, and an outdoor pool. The August Bar occupies the soaring, sun-filled chapel, possibly the hotel’s most spectacular space, while the restaurant is overseen by chef Nick Bril, who won a Michelin star at the Jane, the restaurant that put August’s neighborhood on the map.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Room service
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Turkish bath
- Steam rooms
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Shopping area nearby
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- Extra beds are only available in the Experience Plus rooms for children up to 17 years at the extra cost of € 65 per day. Suites have a sofa bed that can be used for 1 extra adult. The charge per extra person in the suite (as of 2 years) is EUR 35 per night (breakfast not included).
- If you would like to have lunch or dinner at the Restaurant, we strongly recommend you to book a table in advance as seats are limited.
- Restaurant will not be open on the following dates: July 23-August 08, 2023, August 26th, September 09th, 16th and 21st, 2023
- The Spa consists of a sauna, steam room, ice fountain, outdoor swimming pond and experience shower. The private use of the Spa can be reserved from EUR 85 for one hour for two people. The Spa is only available upon reservation.
- august has a limited number of parking spaces in the underground parking next to the hotel, which have an extra charge of 30 EUR per space, valid from 3:00 PM on day of check in until 12:00 PM on day of check out.
- Eligible Plus reservations: Welcome amenities may be delivered to your room after you check in. A “Do Not Disturb” status may impact the delivery of these amenities.
Credit cards accepted