Two new Bib Gourmand ratings have been awarded, both to new additions to our selection:
- The Eatery is a cool, industrial-style restaurant with a large kitchen counter, staffed by personable chefs who serve a daily menu of skillfully cooked, easy-to-eat seasonal Czech cuisine.
- Dejvická 34 by Tomáš Černý is a cozy, enthusiastically run neighborhood spot north of the river, where the eponymous chef-owner showcases top-quality imported ingredients in robust, flavor-packed Italian and Czech dishes.
- Na Kopci, Divinis and Eska retain their Bib Gourmand awards.
Gwendal Poullennec, Michelin Guide International Director said: “We are delighted to have found two more restaurants to add to our list of Bib Gourmand awards in Prague. These restaurants represent the great value for money that can be found in the city, whilst also offering high quality cooking with fantastic flavors.”
Our inspectors also found 4 new restaurants to add to this year’s selection:
- Výčep is a modern pub serving tasty, generously sized Czech dishes that have been brought up-to-date and are accompanied by some great beers.
- Taro is a counter restaurant that focuses on Asian – and particularly Vietnamese – cuisine, with a lunchtime à la carte and an evening tasting menu.
- Bockem is a characterful, warmly run spot where traditional Czech flavors are given a contemporary uplift, with flashes of originality.
- And QQ Asian Kitchen, a friendly restaurant housed in the Mosaic Hotel and offering fresh, well-priced dishes with bold flavors.
Gwendal Poullennec commented: “Prague offers something for everyone, with an increasingly varied selection of restaurants adding to its dynamic dining scene. Many of these restaurants can be found away from the city center: trendy, contemporary spots that reflect modern Prague, whilst still paying respect to the country’s culinary traditions”.