W San Francisco
Add to favorites
Its location certainly doesn’t hurt, in SoMa close by to the Moscone convention center and literally right next door to the newly expanded Museum of Modern Art. And its enduring appeal probably stems from the fact that it’s equally well suited to both business and leisure travelers. The public spaces are decorated in a futuristic style, fitting given San Francisco’s status as a high-tech capital, with electronic art and unusual lighting effects throughout.
If there’s anything to criticize, it’s the rooms, which were designed in keeping with the 1999-vintage enthusiasm for minimalism but now feel utilitarian and under-decorated. They’re being renovated on a rolling basis, converted to a style that’s more glam-futuristic, in keeping with the rest of the hotel. Meanwhile the comforts are faultless as ever, with those signature plush mattresses, and the views are impressive as well.
To all of this you can add TRACE, a modern Californian restaurant serving locally sourced and sustainable fare in an impressive atrium space, and the Living Room bar, for a cocktail, a beer, or a bite in the lobby. In the two decades since it opened, the W’s neighborhood has only become more desirable, and this hotel remains one of its sturdy anchors.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Wi-fi (charges apply)
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Off street parking
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- ATM/bank office
- Luggage storage
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Business center
- Bikes available
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and charges are applicable.
- Private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs USD 80 per day.
- Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 2 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People no matter the age stay for US$40 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Certifications and Sustainability Programs
- LEED, Silver