Add to favorites
The location seems an odd one, at first glance, for an ultra-hip design hotel — the Praça de Munícipio square is historic but not exactly a hipster neighborhood. But sometimes the best hotels make an oddball setting their own, and that’s what’s happening here. AlmaLusa’s designer, Giano Gonçalves, let the constraints of this protected landmark building guide him, and the result beautifully spans centuries, with period architectural details comfortably coexisting with the latest technology, the whole thing a timeless, eclectic, uncategorizable fantasy.
And what it might otherwise miss out on thanks to its unusual location — that is, interaction with the city — is provided by Delfina, the all-day restaurant, serving Portuguese brasserie-style cuisine and local wines. Here guests mix with locals, and you begin your day with local pastries and end it with typically Portuguese seafood. (It’s worth mentioning that the food magazines are in a similar situation to the travel press vis-à-vis Portugal, if that helps you imagine your meals.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Room service
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Wheelchair accessible
Need to Know
- Cribs are available for infants under 2 years old free of charge.
- Extra beds are available for kids 4 - 12 years old at 30€ per night (available only in suites)
- Extra beds are 50€ per night, subject to availability. (available only in suites)
- The facilities are prepared for special guests with wide doors and lift as well as an adapted room.
- Parking is available in the Square with special price for guests.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Sells or donates surplus food
- Reduces food waste
- Sources wine from organic and biodynamic vineyards
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Actively supports the needs of the local community
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage