Toevoegen aan favorieten
Walk past the imposing gate on an unassuming street, and you’re suddenly surrounded by a sublime hush as you enter Yoshida Sanso’s historic main building. Built in 1932 as the second residence for a member of the Japanese imperial family, the inn looks illustriously traditional at first glance, yet reveals restrained hints of modernism, such as the stained glass windows. All of the guestrooms in the main building come with a view of the expertly tended garden, while the rooms in the Satsuki Cottage annex offer more privacy and a spectacular view of the mountain bonfire during the annual Daimonji Festival.
As in most ryokans, meals at Yoshida Sanso are not to be missed, and you’ll want to work up an appetite for the delicate, Kyoto-style kaiseki (multi-course) dinner. Thankfully, some of the city’s venerable sites, including the Ginkaku-ji temple and Philosopher’s Walk, are accessible by foot, so you can indulge in a full afternoon of sightseeing and take a stroll back. If you find yourself too hungry before dinnertime, stop by the retro-modern Café Shinkokan on the premises for some traditional refreshments.
Please note: Bookings include breakfast only. Reservations for a full-course Japanese dinner start at JPY15,000/person and must be made at least one day prior to arrival.
How to get there: Yoshida Sanso is about a 20-minute taxi ride from Kyoto Station.
Booking Details: Yoshida Sanso requires additional information from guests to ensure the best stay possible. As such, reservations can only be confirmed through our customer service team. Contact us for assistance. Rates begin at JPY156000 per night.
Gastscore & Beoordelingen
Nog geen geverifieerde verblijven.
Scores zijn op een schaal van 20 punten, op basis van geverifieerde gastbeoordelingen. De kwaliteitsscore helpt ervoor te zorgen dat ons aanbod vers en vitaal blijft.
Voorzieningen en diensten
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
Wat u moet weten
- An accommodation tax per person per night is not included in the price and needs to be paid at the property.
- To eat dinner at the property, a reservation must be made at least 5 days in advance.
- Only 2 or more guests allowed per room. Guests traveling alone cannot be accommodated.
- Children under 14 years old cannot be accommodated.
- Mealtimes are fixed. Breakfast can be served from any time between 08:00 and 09:00. Dinner can be served from any time between 17:00 and 19:00.
- Children ages 14 and older are allowed.
- No cots are available.
- No extra beds are available.
Kredietkaarten worden aanvaard