Hotel Goldener Hirsch
Add to favorites
This is, in the view of many Salzburgers, the top hotel in the city, yet it goes without the sort of pomp and ostentation one might expect. Rather than gilt and crystal chandeliers, expect humble lampshades, beamed ceilings, and antlers adorning the walls. Rooms are not exactly sprawling, understandable given the building’s status as an historic landmark, yet they are laid out sensibly enough that the predominant feeling is one of coziness rather than confinement. Staffers are eminently personable, adding to the intimacy of the place, and are dressed in traditional garb, a charming touch.
As for the location, this is, quite frankly, tourism central, though the double-glazed windows keep the street noise to a minimum. No matter; you’re not here for a secluded retreat, presumably, but for a taste of Salzburg’s rich history. The restaurants are deceptively understated, one formal and one casual, both serving up some of the city’s finest cuisine in remarkably unpretentious surroundings. And though it may seem a sacrilege, the best dessert may be the Hungarian Rigo Jansci, a chocolate pastry fine enough to compete with the best of Austria’s cakes and tortes.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Valet parking
- Room service
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- Multi-lingual staff
- Pet Friendly
- Business center
- Bikes available
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
Need to Know
- When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 45 per day.
- Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 11 years old stay for free when using an available extra bed.
- People 12 years old and over stay for € 65 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted