Villa Sonnenhof Boutique Hotel
Add to favorites
In the interiors there’s still plenty of richly textured wood — no hotel that’s in a proper dialogue with its site would go without it. But alongside the parquet floors and rough-hewn headboards you’ll find not hunting-party kitsch but contemporary art and modernist furniture, as well as a sparse, restrained aesthetic that makes the rooms into a refuge, and focuses the eye on the scenery outside. And while all are comfortable, the finest is the junior suite, which features a wraparound balcony and a private sauna.
A proper Alpine breakfast is served in the dining room or, weather permitting, on the terrace; products are sourced from the finest local bakeries, butchers, and other purveyors. The bar serves a thoughtful selection of wines and beers, and the humidor stocks cigars from Cuba, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Free parking
- Off street parking
- Honesty Bar
- Adjoining rooms
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Wood burning fireplace
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- EV Charging Station
- Cribs (subject to availability)
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- Guests are required to show a matching photo ID and credit card upon check-in.
- This property doesn't offer extra beds.
- Cribs are subject to availability.
- This property doesn't accommodate pets.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Conserves energy when rooms are empty
- Uses renewable energy
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Provides charging for electric vehicles
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage
- Measures and reduces water waste