Add to favorites
The modern influence is actually of fairly recent vintage, the Canal House having been thoroughly renovated by its new owners, Curious Hotels, the international micro-chain whose other links include Cowley Manor, L’Hôtel, and the Portobello Hotel. Anyone familiar with their previous work will immediately grasp the concept here: all three are smallish, quite stylish, and though contemporary in aspect, exceedingly well tailored to the locale.
Here in Amsterdam that means a cozy, warren-like floor plan, picturesque canal views in the best rooms, and a design that’s full of contrast between lush materials and austere forms — aesthetic echoes, perhaps, of the city’s dual Catholic/Protestant heritage, if you’ve got your cultural-studies hat on. However you look at it it’s a triumph of moderation, a veritable ode to compromise, and a worthy addition to Amsterdam’s high-end hotel scene.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Valet parking
- Room service
- Beauty salon
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- 24 hour front desk
- Doctor on call
- Babysitting (on request)
- Multi-lingual staff
- Wake-up service
- Luggage storage
- No pets allowed
- Bikes available
- Golf nearby
- Shopping area nearby
- Shuttle service
Need to Know
- When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an available cot.
- Children up to and including 0 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- People 4 years old and over stay for € 75 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
- Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Credit cards accepted
Sustainability Measures and Certifications
Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Uses energy-efficient heating and cooling
- Uses energy-efficient lighting
- Cleans with eco-friendly products
- Stocks eco-friendly shampoo and soap
- Gives guests the option to reuse linens and towels
- No single-use plastic straws
- No single-use plastic toiletries
- No single-use plastics
- Sources produce from local farms
- Creates seasonal menus from locally sourced produce
- Offers vegan menu options
- Composts food waste
- Reduces food waste
Community and Environment
- Purchases from locally owned businesses
- Hires locally with fair wages, benefits, and advancement
- Trains staff in sustainability best practices
- Trains staff in local cultural heritage