The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo
Add to favorites
The style is quietly contemporary, somewhat European, with subdued expanses of wood and stone rather than the traditional lacquer and marble. The seven-story atrium is filled with natural light, and comes complete with a pond and a view of the city.
City views are on display in the guest rooms as well, especially the corner rooms, with two walls open to the panorama. Club rooms, confusingly, don’t seem to be associated with any club, but do benefit from superior views over Daiba and the Rainbow Bridge. All rooms, irrespective of view, are decorated in browns and creams, with rich wood finishes and sleek contemporary furnishings. It’s a modern style, minimal but not stark, more inspiring than the traditional luxury hotel but more livable than the average boutique.
Jet lag is a fact of life for travelers to Japan; fortunately both the business center and the gym are open 24 hours, and high-speed internet access in the rooms is free. The Strings caters mostly to executives, during the week at least, and is perfect for business, but what’s good for the salaryman is good for the shopper and sightseer as well—Shingawa station is a hub for the regional train lines, and a stop on the express from Narita airport. Two restaurants are available, French and Chinese, in addition to the wealth of options in the Shingawa district.
Guest Score & Reviews
No verified stays yet.
Scores are on a 20-point scale, from verified guest reviews. The quality score helps ensure that our selection stays fresh and vital.
Amenities & Services
- Free wi-fi
- Doctor on call
- Air conditioning
- No pets allowed
- Designated smoking area
Need to Know
- An accommodation tax per person per night is not included in the price and needs to be paid at the property.
- The Airport Limousine Bus is available from Narita International Airport directly to the hotel.
- When booking more than 6 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
- Public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs JPY 2500 per day.
- Children of any age are allowed.
- Children up to and including 17 years old stay for free when using an existing bed.
- Rooms cannot accommodate cribs or extra beds.
Credit cards accepted